Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wow Hormones

It is 9:00 pm. The end of day 2 after surgery. The babies are still in the NICU but are holding their own. Peyton is eating well, keeping his temperature, and has been moved out of the warming bed into a cart. Landen is still having trouble with his temperature, but is eating well. Upstairs in my room, I am feeling very jittery and hormonal. I feel like I want to sleep, but can't and I want to walk around, but there is really nowhere to go. I have to keep reminding myself that each day will get easier taking care of the boys and each day I will feel better. Let me just say, for the record, how I hate hormones and not feeling balanced. The babies will stay in the NICU longer than we will stay in the hospital so I am hoping that the in between time will give my body a chance to heal before the chaos begins. My mother has been a treat and a blessing, for she has volunteered to help with the boys and is already making a sign up sheet for others to help as well. How grateful I am to have a loving and caring family who will drop things for my needs. I pray today that God would give me the hope and comfort that I need to make it through the next days and weeks and that I would be able to show God's love to others as others have shown such love to me. Thanks be to God for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment