Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cabin Fever

You know you have been inside too long when your two year old wants to leave with every person he sees and wants to go outside even though it's 20 degrees. My mom was wonderful today as she watched the twins while I and Joshua took a break and went to the mall. I am trying to take every advantage of help while it lasts. I know one day everyone else will get back to their lives and I will be here - still trying to adjust. Jared is in Miami today, attending his grandfather's funeral, which turned out to be not so bad. We both found out that a few months ago he accepted Christ as his savior. Though I did not know him, Jared thought he would be the last one to trust our Heavenly Father for anything. How God can work in ways that we do not understand - but are thankful for. Speaking of things we do not understand - the past week has proved to be financially overwhelming. Before the babies, I managed the finances for the family; creating a budget and paying off credit cards. Recently, I have given the responsibility back to Jared for the time being. It seems that everyday we have received a medical bill in the mail. Having two babies is not just twice the cost, but about four times the cost. One would think that insurance would be good for something, but I haven't quit pinpointed that something just yet. I pray that God would bring us through these times - as he has before - and that he would teach us to be smart managers of his money. Thinking of our hard earned money as His really puts things in perspective. May God also be with Jared now as he is making financial decisions for his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment