Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day Out

Today marked our first outing as a five-member family. It was only to the doctor's office, but hey, that's an outing, right? Both boys are gaining significant amounts of weight and the nurse practitioner said I didn't have to wake them every three hours at night to feed them. That sounded really good to me. We still have lots of help around the house (my mom and husband are off this week) which makes me worried about the times that I am going to be home alone - with three children. I think I will soon find out because my husband's grandfather died yesturday and he is planning on flying down to Miami for the funeral. I pray for that family. I don't think that his grandfather was saved. That makes things even harder. That also makes me grateful for my family, knowing that my husband and the members of his and my family will be in heaven with me someday. As a mother, I constantly pray for my children, that they would find Jesus at a young age. May the Lord shine a bright light through me that would be a revelation to my kids. That is my biggest fear - that my kids will not know Jesus. That's pretty much my purpose in life, right? To glorify God so much so that those around me have no choice but to see His righteousness and faithfulness. And how faithful is He? Constantly he reveals his wonderful love - through the babies being in the NICU, through our friends who have brought us food every night, through family who have shown so much love and support. How I pray that one day I can show God's love to other's as the people around me have shown his love to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment