Saturday, May 9, 2009

spring garden

In early March, I finally tackled the horrendous flower bed out front. After hours and hours of pulling, digging, and replanting, I found that this flowerbed had not been touched for years. I soon realized that when workers are building a house, instead of using a trash can, they just sweep everything into the flowerbed. So I found brick and wrappers among the weeds and grass. So, here we are, two months later, and I am still battling the weeds and grass. I feel this will be a long war, that I am determined to win, no doubt. Some progress has been made, though. Those two months ago, I did plant bulbs of calla lilies, day lilies, caladiums, and others. I have been watching and waiting for those rustic bulbs to burst into beautiful flowers. Well, spring has sprung. My day lillies are about to burst with color and I am so anxious.
The changing of the seasons is occurring in our home, too. My little preemie babies are growing and bursting with life. As hard as motherhood is, seeing your children begin to express themselves and develop their own personalities is amazing. Seeing it twice at the same time is even more amazing. Landen and Peyton are proving to be more than just eaters and sleepers. Landen is a people-pleaser. He is the first one to smile at a guest and the first to cuddle in another's arms. Peyton is quite the opposite. Jared says he is a huge mama's boy - even more so than Joshua. He almost throws a fit anytime someone other than 'mama' feeds him. he will not smile at other people unless they really entertain him. He is gonna be a pickle - I can feel it. But I know that he is going to be really exciting, too.
May God continue to bless my boys with health and give me a new love for them each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment