Monday, May 11, 2009

case of the mondays

Every Monday since the twins arrived home, my Granmom has heroically saved me. She comes promptly at ten to aid with laundry, dishes, chores, lunch, feedings, and reading. Monday is definitely my favorite day of the week because I feel that I am not alone. I feel that someone else understands and is truly helpful. Truly helpful to me is someone who knows exactly what you need and, with no words, does exactly what needs to be done. This is Granmom to a T. We have such a system down now, it feels almost easy to begin the week. Not only do I get my laundry done every week, I get to spend a little alone time with Joshua. Though he is a good big brother, he misses being an only child. Sometimes I miss having time alone with him. So we go to the store, to the mall, to Matt's store (which happens every week, no doubt), anywhere. Because we are alone, and we can do whatever we want. It's kind of mother-son bonding time. When this happens, I am more intuned with Joshua and he somehow becomes my sweet boy again. I only bring up these glorious Mondays because this Monday was not like other Mondays. Granmom, and Pop, travelled to celebrate their anniversary, which left me alone on Monday. I truly was paranoid that absolutely nothing was going to get done. Suffice it to say, my mother came in to rescue the morning. So, all was well. We didn't quite get all the laundry done, but I had help in the chaos - that's all that matters.
As for other matters in life, I am praying praying about work. God has completely overcompensated for my income by providing a well-paying extra job for Jared. Lord, give me the strength to do the best thing for my family. Give me confidence in your future and your plans for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment