Wednesday, July 8, 2009

half way

This Friday notes the halfway mark in the twins first year. Has it really been that long? Yes. Has it gone by quickly? Yes. Has it felt like six whole months? Definitely.
My dad asked me earlier this evening if it was easy to bring the kids to their house every week. I just looked at him and said, "Nothing is easy." My hope, as I sit and blog late at night, is that one day, somewhere over the rainbow, it will be easy; or maybe just easier. I keep reminding myself that after the twins start walking it will be better. But then I look at Joshua and I think, "terrible two's is better!?"
Oh, well. Life is fun - no - interesting is the better word. Last week, during our weekly trip to my parents, we went swimming. As we were all finishing and everyone was getting out, Jared took Joshua's life jacket off. I was sitting at the other end of the pool talking to my dad and Jared started to tend to the babies. The very next thing I knew, I see Joshua's head bobbing in the pool. Flip out is an understatement to my reaction. Gatorade bottle flung. towel stripped. I practically ran on water to my child's aide. Good gracious! I did not hear him splash or anything. As Jared was closer, he heard my cries and jumped in to save Joshua. Exasperated, and in tears, I grabbed my crying Joshua and hugged him so tightly. How quickly it all happened. That night, I broke down. Reality of how much Joshua is to me and how fragile his life is set in. Thank the Lord God Almighty that he turned my head at that moment and that Jared was right there to jump in the pool. My sweet Joshua. Thank you God for my children and may I never take their lives or my motherly position for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment