Monday, April 13, 2009

O, the Day

Will there ever be a day when something gets done on the list? I feel like the bathroom has sat unfinished for weeks! I keep thinking, "Okay, tomorrow we'll get it done." But tomorrow comes and goes and the tile is still not grouted and the paint is still not finished. This weekend was so busy, Joshua ended up with an overworked fever last night - poor guy. We put too many things into one weekend. I found myself screaming, "Can we, please, get back to our routine!" We didn't even get to spend proper time with our family members because we were so exhausted come Sunday afternoon. Needless to say, Jared worked Saturday night so he was of no use to anyone - poor guy. Sometimes I feel bad for making him work nights, but I know that this is best for our family right now.
Since yesterday was Easter, I saw many people at church that I do not usually see; like my friend from high school, Bethany. Though her family comes to church at FBC, she, her husband and children do not attend. They are what you call the twice-a-year Christians. Easter and Christmas are their 'church' days. Fortunately, in SS, Kirk told us to pray for those people in our section during church. So, obediently, and very convicted, I prayed for Bethany and her sister Brook and their families that I would be a light to them. Jared has invited Jeremy, Bethany's husband, countless time to play basketball and he has never come. But I thank God that he has put that family in our lives. I just hope that we can make a difference. I pray that God would give me timing and an opportunity to invite her to something or just to be a friend when she needs one. Sometimes I feel silly for trying to impose Christ on other people's lives, but isn't that what I am called to do?! It's about time I get off my butt and start being a witness for Christ and fulfilling my obligation in this world. I just pray that my own insecurities don't get in the way of what the Lord has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment