Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two

I wasn't really disturbed by the saying "terrible twos" until now. Staying at home is quite a task. Sure, there are plenty of things to do, but I also have to keep three kids entertained. I am lucky that two of them sleep most of the time right now. Today, Joshua is about to drive me straight up the wall. My adult mind wants him to do things on my schedule and the way that I want it done. Are my expectations too high? Probably. We were going to go to the mall and play this morning (because, yes, it's still winter) and it took us, like, an hour and a half to get ready. And then we ended up not even going. Frustrated? Definitely. I pray that God gives me patience. On top of that, Jared worked an extra job last night so he left at five last night and returned at nine this morning. Now I kind of know what it's like to be a single parent. Part of me keeps thinking, "Okay, only a month and a half til I go back to work." I pray that God gives me purpose and joy while I am at home. I keep trying to distract myself with things that will make me busy. I keep trying to find things for Joshua to do to keep him busy. What's the answer here? Am I just not meant for home life? I pray that God will show me joy and contentment in staying at home. Being a mom is great; being a stay at home mom is a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment