Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Homefront

Last night initiated my husband's new schedule - deep nights. He left at ten and returned at seven-thirty. What do I think about this? I kind of like it. Face it. I am extremely used to sleeping alone and it was really nice having him home at night. We had dinner together and I didn't have to put my two-year old to bed by myself. And, by the way, is this why I earned my degree? To deal with potty training (of which we are having no success) and making sure my child stays in bed at night? I guess so. I was concerned that I would be found without purpose after the twins came (like I felt after Joshua came) but I am actually enjoying the stay at home mom thing. We all four went to the doctor yesterday and we went to the MAC on Monday without Dad and we were fine. What "they" say about mother's emotions are reflected in children is completely true. I have found (at least for the moment) that if I stay calm, my children will stay calm.
It is nice also that Jared is sleeping and I got Joshua to lie down with him in bed - so no screaming from the other room today. Yay! Really I should be organizing our office/ game room. That is on my agenda this week and I have made no progress thus far. Where to start is the looming question. I guess we'll see what gets done.

No comments:

Post a Comment